Rethink Carer SupportBack to Support
Rethink Carer Support is free to access. Rethink also offer financial support to carers in need.
Rethink Mental Illness provides a range of services nationally for people with mental health conditions as well as many carers’ groups. Their website www.rethink.org has lots of information on all aspects of
The Advice and Information Service is open from 9.30am—4pm, Mondays to Fridays and
can be contacted through Freephone 0808 8010525
Rethink helps carers of people with mental health conditions gain skills in taking care of their loved one and of themselves. They support carers and their loved ones navigate the mental health system. They helps carers of people with mental health conditions know they are not alone.
‘The group discussion was great; people shared ideas, experiences and things that had been helpful to them.’
• Support groups, currently on zoom, with learning from each other and guest speakers
• Non-emergency phone support
• Email support via [email protected]
• One to one help such as informal advocacy
• A newsletter three times a year
• Information about other sources of assistance such as Making Space, Caring Together and CPSL Mind
• Information about your rights, whether under the Care Act, the Mental Health Act or confidentiality rules
• A voice for carers, providing a reality check for local planners and decisionmakers so that gaps in services can be reduced wherever possible.