Mpower – Ormiston FamiliesBack to Support
Mpower supports mothers in Fenland and Peterborough (and, where appropriate, partners) who have had one or more children removed from their care and want to make positive life changes.
How to contact
Where to go
UK (available throughout)
What to expect:
Mpower provide a safe and non-judgemental space for you to talk about your situation. Their experienced practitioners will help you decide how your support will look and they will be flexible to your needs so long as support is regular and meaningful.
They can also support you with issues including housing, debt, letterbox contact, and access to contraception.
Their practitioners can also give you emotional support through things like proceedings, discussing relationships, and helping you build confidence.
Support is available through intensive one-to-one support and, in some locations, through group work.
- Set and work towards personal goals
- Improve sexual and reproductive health, including contraception
- Take a pause in pregnancy while support is ongoing
- Understand the reasons for prior removals
- Address practical difficulties (such as housing or debt)
- Access appropriate support from other services
This service can provide you with up to two years’ of support.
This service is run by a charity called Ormiston Families. In Cambridgeshire, they work with people living in Fenland and Peterborough. They also run Mpower in Norfolk, Lowestoft and Ipswich.
This Service is free.