Volunteering at the Angles TheatreBack to Activities
The Angles Theatre is a volunteer-run theatre in the heart of Wisbech. You can join the friendly team in a variety of roles from front of house, to production, lighting, backstage and hair and make-up.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- It’s a chance to meet new people
- You’ll be working as part of a team in a theatre environment
- You’ll gain confidence and communication skills
‘I really love volunteering at the Angles Theatre. All the volunteers are treated very much as part of the team and are made to feel very appreciated. I enjoy helping to make our audiences visits really enjoyable, comfortable and safe and there is nothing nicer than them telling you, on the way out, how much they have enjoyed it and that they are looking forward to coming again. I have also had the opportunity to see a lot of really good and interesting theatre and meeting not only really friendly theatre staff, but also lovely volunteers.’ – Jane, Volunteer
How to contact
Where to go
4 Alexandra Rd
Wisbech PE13 1HQ
What to expect
Volunteering at the Angles Theatre is a great way to support your local theatre, be part of brilliant productions and make new friends!
You’ll see the inner workings of the theatre, become part of a passionate team and have the opportunity to get invited to all sorts of events. You’ll learn new skills, have the opportunity to take part in various training sessions, and help drive the Theatre’s success.
There is a wide range of volunteer opportunities at the theatre what you can be a part of – there is no pressure to be available for every production, if you can help, that’s great, and if not, there is always the next show. Volunteers play a vital part in keeping audiences happy and safe.
Some volunteering roles include:
- Front of house staff – welcoming audiences into the theatre, handing out programmes, ice-creams, merchandise and showing audience members to their seats.
- Bar staff – you will support behind the bar and serve audiences beverages and snacks before productions and during intervals.
- Costumes, set building, hair and makeup – this is a creative role and will change depending on the performance. You could be assisting with making turning Shrek green or building Jack’s beanstalk.
- Chaperoning – making sure young performers are looked after when they are in a production – there is off-site training provided for this role.
- Set design – supporting the production team with set requirements for production, working on something new for each show.
For those wishing to volunteer or just want some more information there is a form that can be completed on the Angles Theatre website. To view the form click here. Once completed, someone from the Theatre will be in touch to have a chat with you and answer any questions you may have.
All volunteers receive full training. For some roles you’ll be required to wear smart black clothes.
There are two public car parks close to the theatre – St Peters and Somers Road.
It’s free to volunteer. Training is free. People volunteering in the front of house will also get to see productions for free.