Three Counties Running ClubBack to Activities
This fun and friendly running club provides opportunities to work on speed, form and distance running in the Wisbech and Long Sutton area. The focus is to make running fun, friendly and sociable, whilst making every single person feel equal regardless of speed or ability.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- Running reduces stress levels and increases feel-good endorphins.
- You will meet like-minded people, building friendships and feeling part of a group.
- Regular exercise creates routine in your life.
‘Three Counties were the most open and welcoming running club when I was looking to take it up because they said I didn’t need to be able to run any distance and I could start from scratch. So I joined their beginners course. From there the coaches and members were all so friendly, helpful and encouraging to help people achieve any goals they desired. I went from not being able to run 50m to being able to run 7 mile races. I couldn’t have done it without the coaches or members.‘ – Running Club Member
How to contact
Where to go
Leverington Sports and Social Club
39 Church Road
What to Expect
The group runs from various locations each week, where parking will be accessible. You will meet and be introduced to the group by our Coaches/Run Leaders.
The session will be explained to all before you undertake the session as a group.
Comfortable sportswear and trainers are recommended. In winter and on night-time runs a head or body torch is required along with hi-viz clothing for your safety and that of others.
The Three Counties Running club is an inclusive running club. No matter your speed or ability they aim to make you feel like a valued member.
The Club’s promises to you are:
- Their EA qualified coach/coaches have great motivational skills and will always listen.
- They will invest time and effort to help you achieve your goals from 5k to marathon and beyond.
- They will listen to your comments and as a club will always try and improve.
- You will never run alone on club runs, they operate a run back system, your enjoyment and safety is paramount.
The first runs are free in order for you decide if you would like to become a member.
The club has a small annual membership fee which includes membership of the running club as well as the Leverington Sports and Social Club. You will also be required to sign a code of conduct.