Fenland Running ClubBack to Activities
Based in the market town of Wisbech, Fenland Running Club pride themselves on their friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The club's aim is to help and encourage each and every person regardless of ability.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- It helps with stress management. Running can control stress and boost the body’s ability to deal with existing mental tension. Exercise also increases concentrations of norepinephrine, a chemical that helps moderate the brain’s response to stress.
- it gives you a calmer state of mind. The chemicals released during and after running can help people experiencing anxiety feel calmer.
- It can boost your Brainpower. Cardiovascular exercise can create new brain cells and improve overall brain performance. A tough run increases levels of a brain-derived protein in the body, believed to help with decision-making, higher thinking and learning.
‘ Very welcoming and friendly club ‘ – Martin Jennings
How to contact
Where to go
Wisbech Rugby Club Chapel Road Car Park
Fenland Running club offer a free 12 week “Up and Running” introduction session yearly where they will give you the training and knowledge to get you from couch to 5k in 12 weeks.
Activities are subject to a fee – for more information contact
- Two to three runs a week,
- Exclusive online content via FB with access to all our runners knowledge.
- Entry to the Frostbite league and social events throughout the year.
Affiliated to England Athletics, their qualified Coaches and Run Leaders work hard to ensure that the training sessions are all-inclusive to ensure that all members get the most out of them. Whether that be a focused schedule to beat a PB or simply to run with friends and like-minded people, FRC caters for everyone. To allow for the differences in goals and abilities, most of their training sessions have four groups for you to choose to run in. The faster groups tend to run a little bit further and a bit faster, but all groups do the same session.
Their concentration is on year-round running, at all distances. They enter teams each year in the very popular Round Norfolk, Hereward and Peterborough Green Wheel Relays and participate in the Frostbite Friendly League (a six race series), competing against other local clubs. Fenalnd running club also organize lots of social runs! With over a hundred members, Fenland Running Club enjoys a good representation at most local races, often enjoying success in one or more of the categories. Being a supportive and friendly club, any member’s success is celebrated with pride by the whole team.