Active FenlandBack to Activities
Active Fenland is committed to providing easy to access, informal, fun opportunities for sport and physical activity in the Fenland area.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- regular physical activity has many positive physical benefits such as decreasing our risk to coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, some cancers, dementia, osteoarthritis and falls.
- regular physical activity can help our overall wellbeing by boosting our mood, boosting our self-esteem, improving our sleep quality, increasing our energy levels and decreasing our risk of depression and stress.
- you can meet new people.
How to contact
Where to go
UK (Available throughout Fenland)
What to expect?
Active Fenland sessions take place in various locations such as leisure centres, local sports facilities, community centres and halls.
They hold taster sessions throughout the year.
Active Fenland aims to provide awareness around physical activity, healthy eating and healthy lifestyles.
Active Fenland sessions and events are for all. Complete beginners, try-it-out-ers and returners are welcome!
Follow them on social media for information on other ways to stay active, healthy eating or leading a healthy lifestyle.
Some activities are free.
- Online content via the Active Fenland Youtube channel Active Fenland – YouTube
- information and links to national campaigns and organisations
- Active @ Home booklet for older adults, available via the post.
Please see www.fenland.gov.uk/activefenland for the current timetable for sessions.
Sessions are generally available as either a Pay and Play option or as a block of sessions, dependent on the type of session.
Some sessions do require booking and payment in advance. Sessions can be booked via an online booking form found on the website, by phone 07874893316, or via email to [email protected]
See one of Active Fenland’s Instructors in Action: